Last Updated: May 15, 2022
Types of Information We Collect and How We May Share Your Information
When you interact with one of our Services, we may collect certain information about you. Please see the chart below to understand what information we collect, the sources of that information, how and why we will use that information, and the potential other recipients of that information.
Category of Personal Information Collected
Source of Information
Purpose for Collection
Purpose for Collection
“Identifying Information,” such as your name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number.
We may collect Identifying Information from you when you visit and use our Services and communicate with us (including on one of our social media accounts).
We may also receive information about you from third party sources.
We use Identifying Information to fulfill your orders for products and services, to answer your communications, to market our products and services to you, to notify you of any issues with your product/purchases and to improve our website and services. These may include SMS/text messages as described below.
We may share Identifying Information with an applicable third-party service providers who support our business, such as fulfillment services, technical support, delivery services, professional advisors as well as web-hosting providers, analytics providers, customer-relationship management software providers and other information technology providers.
“Payment and Order Information,” such as your purchase history, shipping and billing addresses, and credit and debit card number.
We may collect Payment and Order Information when you make a purchase on one of our Services.
We use Payment and Order Information to fulfill your orders for products, to answer your communications and for analytic and marketing purposes to improve our website, products and services.
We may share Payment and Order Information with our third-party service providers (see list above).
Please note that payment card information is transmitted via encrypted transmission solely to our payment card processor and is not retained by Impossible Kicks.
“Device Information,” related to your interactions with us, such as device information, browser type and operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a unique number that identifies your internet access), cookie information, pages viewed and accessed (including those viewed before and after interacting with our Services), how long you accessed our Services and other technology in any given session, and the date and time of access.
We may collect Device Information automatically when you visit our Services or otherwise interact with us. See below for more information on cookies and other technologies used by us. (See below).
We use Device Information to ensure that our Services work properly, for analytics and marketing purposes, and to evaluate whether our Services are secure.
We may share Device Information with our third-party service providers (see list above).
Impossible Kicks may also receive other, additional categories of personal information that you voluntarily provide when you interact with our Services. For example, if you
- Request support or place an order for Products from one of our Services;
- Subscribe to our newsletters, programs, promotional emails or other materials or participate in a promotion;
- Apply for a job, submit your resume/CV or create a candidate profile;
- Communicate with our customer service representatives; or
- Contact us with your questions/comments.
Please note that we may also use and disclose any information collected through our Services to: (i) comply with our legal and regulatory responsibilities and to enforce our rights; (ii) authenticate users and to provide for the safety and security of our Services and otherwise prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities; (iii) protect the security of our Services, our businesses and our products; (iv) to our affiliated entities and in connection with the sale, assignment or other transfer of our company or our business; or (v) otherwise as disclosed to you at the point of collection.
When you provide us a mobile phone number, we may use your information to send you text/SMS notifications (for your order, including abandoned checkout reminders), text marketing offers and transactional texts, including requests for reviews from us.
Choices Regarding Our Collection and Use of Your Information
We may offer you choices regarding the information we collect and how that information is used and shared. These choices may include the ability to access, update or delete information that you have provided to us or information that we have collected through your use of our Services. They may also include the ability to opt-out of receiving notifications, promotions, offers or other advertising from us. To inquire about making any of these requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a resident of California, you have specific rights in relation to your personal information. Please review the section California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosure below for more information.
How We Secure Your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information as you transmit your information from your computer to our Services and to protect such information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, email sent to or from our Services may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
We use a third-party vendor to process credit card transactions. Our online payment sites along with our processing partner reside on secure web servers that encrypt the data between the customer and the processing vendor. By using this service, we do not collect any credit or debit card numbers or store such information.
Links to Other Web Sites
Collection and Use of Children’s Personal Information
Impossible Kicks takes children’s privacy seriously. If we become aware that personal information from a child under 13 has been collected without such child’s parent or guardian’s consent, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database. If any parent, guardian or other responsible adult becomes aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
As with many websites, our Services include a standard technology called a “cookie” and other similar technologies (such as, pixels and web beacons), which are small data files that are transferred to your computer when you use our Services and services. These technologies automatically identify your browser whenever you interact with our Services and services.
We use the following types of cookie:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Services.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our Services. This enables us to personalize our content for you and remember your preferences.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Services when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Services work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. Some of these are third party cookies which analyze website usage.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
Controlling and Deleting Cookies
The processes for controlling and deleting cookies vary depending on which browser you use. To find out how to do so with a particular browser, you can use your browser’s “Help” function or alternatively, you can visit http://www.aboutcookies.org which explains, step-by-step, how to control and delete cookies in most browsers.
Third-Party Ad Serving & Audience and Traffic Measurement Services
Our Services may use third-party network advertisers to serve advertisements you may see based on your visit. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements based on your visits to our Services and other websites you have visited. Third-party ad serving enables advertisements to be served to you for products or websites you might be interested in.
Our Services are in compliance with the Ad Choices Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. The goal of Ad Choices is to provide you with information about how online advertising works and the choices you have.
You may visit the http://www.aboutads.info/choices page to learn more about online behavioral advertising and to see your opt-out choices from companies that are participants in the Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising.
Please note that if you choose to opt out, you will still see ads, but these ads will not be customized based on your interests generated from your visits over time and across different websites. In addition, the preferences you select on the http://www.aboutads.info/choices page may not apply to mobile devices. Due to the differences between using apps and websites on mobile devices, opt-outs will need to be set for both browsers and apps.
Some browsers have incorporated a Do-Not-Track (DNT) feature. These features, when turned on, send a signal that you prefer that the website you are visiting not collect and use data regarding your online searching and browsing activities. As there is not yet a common understanding on how to interpret the DNT signal, we currently do not respond to DNT signals on our Services.
Social Media Features
Users Outside the United States
Impossible Kicks is located in the United States. Our Services are directed solely towards users who reside in the United States (and Products will currently only be shipped within the United States). If you choose to use our Services from outside the United States, you are consenting to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information in and to the United States, pursuant to the laws of the United States.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
If you would like to contact us for any reason regarding our privacy practices, please write to us at the following address:
Impossible Kicks Holding Company LLC
1500 New Britain Ave, Space B205
West Hartford, CT 06110
California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosure
This California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosure describes how Impossible Kicks, LLC, and its affiliated entities (collectively, “Impossible Kicks,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) collect, use and disclose personal information relating to California residents (consumers) covered by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
Collection and Disclosure of Personal Information
In the past 12 months, we have collected, and disclosed to third parties for our business purposes, the following categories of Personal Information relating to California residents covered by this disclosure:
- Identifiers, such as name, postal address, IP address, account credentials and email address;
- Personal information, as defined in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), such as contact information and financial information;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as gender;
- Commercial information, such as transaction information and purchase history;
- Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with our website; and
- Geolocation data, such as Internet Protocol (IP) location.
We do not believe that we sell consumer personal information under the CCPA. To provide our Services, we might share information with our service providers. For example, we provide our Service in part by storing information with our cloud storage providers. These service providers are bound by contract to perform only the services requested, and prevented from using the information for their own purposes or sharing it any further. Because we do not believe that we sell personal information, it's not necessary for you to opt out of the sale of your personal information.
The categories of sources from whom we may have collected this Personal Information are:
- Directly from a California resident or the individual’s representatives;
- Service Providers, Consumer Data Resellers and other third parties;
- Public Record Sources (Federal, State or Local Government Sources);
- Information from our Affiliates;
- Website/Mobile App Activity/Social Media; and
The categories of third parties to whom we may disclose Personal Information for our business purposes described in this privacy disclosure are:
- Service Providers who support our business, such as fulfillment services, technical support, delivery services, professional advisors as well as web-hosting providers, analytics providers, customer-relationship management software providers and other information technology providers;
- Any court, governmental authority, law enforcement agency or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights, the rights of any third party or individuals’ personal safety, or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or safety issues;
- To our affiliated entities and in connection with the sale, assignment or other transfer of our company or our business; and.
Use of Personal Information
In the past 12 months, we may have used Personal Information relating to California residents to:
- Deliver the services and support or carry out the transactions for our products that you have requested;
- Send communications to you, such as to respond to your requests and to provide you with product information and your transaction status (including order confirmations);
- Customize, analyze and improve our products, services (including the content and advertisements on our website), technologies, communications and relationship with you;
- Comply with our legal and regulatory responsibilities and to enforce our rights;
- Authenticate users and to otherwise provide for the safety and security of our Services and otherwise prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities;
- Protect the security of our website(s), our business(es), or our products or services; or
- Otherwise, as disclosed to you at the point of collection.
Rights under the CCPA
If you are a California resident, you have the right to:
- Request we disclose to you free of charge the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- the categories of Personal Information about you that we collected;
- the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected;
- the purpose for collecting Personal Information about you;
- the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed Personal Information about you and the categories of Personal Information that was disclosed (if applicable) and the purpose for disclosing the Personal Information about you; and
- the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you;
- Request we delete Personal Information we collected from you, unless the CCPA recognizes an exception;
- Opt-out of our sale of your personal information (which we do not currently do – see above); and
- Be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
We will acknowledge receipt of your request and advise you how long we expect it will take to respond if we are able to verify your identity. Requests for specific pieces of Personal Information will require additional information to verify your identity. We will work to process all verified requests within 45 days pursuant to the CCPA. If we need an extension for up to an additional 45 days in order to process your request, we will provide you with an explanation for the delay.
If you submit a request on behalf of another person, we may require proof of authorization and verification of identity directly from the person for whom you are submitting a request.
In some instances, we may not be able to honor your request, and we will advise you of that fact in our response. For example, we will not honor your request if we cannot verify your identity or if we cannot verify that you have the authority to make a request on behalf of another individual. Additionally, we will not honor your request where an exception applies, such as where the disclosure of Personal Information would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of another consumer or where the Personal Information that we maintain about you is not subject to the CCPA’s access or deletion rights.
How to Exercise Your Rights
If you are a California resident, you may submit a request by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.